One of my favorite things about Christmas is the coming together, sharing good food and conversations, enjoying the company of family and friends.
Of course you don't do this without setting a really nice table, am I right? :-) I personally love table settings. I think it compliments the hours and effort you have put into preparing a festive meal for your guests.
So today's project is about napkins. Handmade with a beautiful print. There are so many gorgeous napkins out there, beautiful patterns, shapes and sizes. But there is something else about a linen napkin. It really adds a luxurious touch to a table setting.
You'll need these materials:
- sewing machine or needle & thread
- textile paint & dish
- thin plastic sheet for the template
- hobby knife
- tape and sewing pins
- printout of your text
1. Cut a piece of prewashed linen with the dimensions 24 x 32 centimeter.
2. Double fold the edges (1 cm for each fold) and sew along the sides, to secure fold and create a nice finish on the napkins. Because of the double fold, even the back gets a nice finish.
3. Download and print out the words (A4) for the napkins here.
4. Take your plastic sheet and place on top of the printout. Secure with tape. Cut out the letter from the plastic with a knife. Now you have you template.
5. Take your napkin and place the template on top in the middle. Secure the plastic to the fabric with tape or sewing pins.
6. Pour out some textile paint into a dish, dip your sponge and carefully dab the sponge onto the template, filling out the letters. Make sure you dab vertically so you don't smear out the letters. Also keep a minimum of paint on the sponge, and rather dab several times to fill out letters. Let dry.
7. Last you need to fixate the print. This is a very individual step, as the different textile paints requires different fixations. Please read the description of your textile paint to fixate accordingly.
Now go ahead and make all the napkins you need. Remember to rinse the template for paint between the prints. This will make sure you don't transfer any excess paint to the next napkin.
Download A4 words for napkin here
Merry 5. December.
/Annika & Sussi
Linking up to: