YARN CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
Submitted by precious sister on Fri, 12/09/2011 - 16:19
You know those projects you can do while snuggling up in a chair with a blanket and watching tv or listening to music? Well, this is one of them. So put on a pot of tea and go get your materials :)
You'll need a few items:
- A couple of different colored yarn balls
- Glue, preferably a glue-stick
- Christmas balls
1. Take a Christmas ball and dab it with the glue stick. The glue is to get a sticky surface, so the yarn wont slide of while winding.
2. Now take a yarn ball and press the loose end of it into the glue somewhere in the middle of the Christmas ball.
3. Now start winding the yarn around the Christmas ball horizontally. This way you secure the end and you start to fill out the ball. Continue to wind vertically as well, going from one side of the top and down, to the other side of the top, while rotating the ball. This way the thread secure itself. Wind until you have completely covered the Christmas ball.
4. When you are done, cut of the end and secure it by tying a knot into the strings.
Merry 9. December.
/Annika & Sussi